Adjudication and Awards
- It must be stressed that the purpose of adjudication is to measure the band’s attempt to achieve a particular level of performance, and not to make comparisons between two different bands’ performance. There will normally be two adjudicators in all classes, one giving a written adjudication, the other providing comments on a recording of each performance.
- Bands are expected to supply adjudicators’ scores to the Regional Organiser. Two copies of the score are required for the Wind Band classes and two copies or suitable lead sheet for the Big Band classes.
- It is the band’s responsibility to provide all the adjudicator’s scores. Participating bands are warned that it is illegal to photocopy (or to copy by other means) musical scores and band parts which are copyright. The Regional Organiser reserves the right to inspect any music used in the Festival and may disqualify bands using unauthorised photocopies.
- Bands in all classes may receive a Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze Award as recommended by the adjudicators. The adjudicators decision is final.
- Music and adjudications can be collected from the Regional Organiser at the end of the Festival
Read the Award Criteria
Entries to Regional Festivals
- NCBF are keen to encourage all bands to enter their own area regional festival as far as possible - however we recognise that there may be good reasons why that is not always possible, in these circumstances you should apply to Keith Allen, Festival Director NCBF, in the first instance outlining your reasons.
- Entries must be submitted using the electronic forms on this website. The non-refundable fee (payable to National Concert Band Festival) is due arrive at the NCBF Festival Office no later than the closing date for each region as indicated on the Regional Festivals page.
- Please ensure your band name and Festival invoice reference number is included.
- If entries exceed the number of bands that can be accommodated at the Festival, acceptance will be at the discretion of the Regional Organiser. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the NCBF Festival Office and a late entry fee of £85 may be levied.
Check your Band Class
Invitations to the National Festival
As NCBF no longer enjoys on-going sponsorship support regrettably we now have to levy an entry fee on participation in the National Festival. This is set at the same level as the Regional Festivals for this season - non-refundable, (an invoice is available to download during the entry process) to those bands accepting an invitation to perform.